Strict Standards: Declaration of action_plugin_importoldchangelog::register() should be compatible with DokuWiki_Action_Plugin::register($controller) in /home/omad/5017/source.pri.ee/lib/plugins/importoldchangelog/action.php on line 8
Strict Standards: Declaration of action_plugin_importoldindex::register() should be compatible with DokuWiki_Action_Plugin::register($controller) in /home/omad/5017/source.pri.ee/lib/plugins/importoldindex/action.php on line 57
Strict Standards: Declaration of action_plugin_force_preview::register() should be compatible with DokuWiki_Action_Plugin::register($controller) in /home/omad/5017/source.pri.ee/lib/plugins/force_preview/action.php on line 62
Strict Standards: Declaration of action_plugin_captcha::register() should be compatible with DokuWiki_Action_Plugin::register($controller) in /home/omad/5017/source.pri.ee/lib/plugins/captcha/action.php on line 261
Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/omad/5017/source.pri.ee/inc/parserutils.php on line 205
Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/omad/5017/source.pri.ee/inc/parserutils.php on line 208
Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/omad/5017/source.pri.ee/inc/parserutils.php on line 389
Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/omad/5017/source.pri.ee/inc/parserutils.php on line 530
Strict Standards: Declaration of cache_instructions::retrieveCache() should be compatible with cache::retrieveCache($clean = true) in /home/omad/5017/source.pri.ee/inc/cache.php on line 291
Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/omad/5017/forum.source.pri.ee/include/common.php on line 58 DSMG600Wiki
http://dsmg600.info/lib/images/favicon.icotext/html2012-12-28T19:01:14+02:00information:benchmarks - old revision restored
A benchmark is test that measures the performance of a system or subsystem on a well-defined task or set of tasks. Benchmarks are often used to measure general things like graphics, I/O, computing (integer and floating point), etc., performance, but most measure more specific tasks like rendering polygons, reading and writing files, or performing operations on matrixes.text/html2012-12-28T19:00:51+02:00howto:chroot_gentoo - old revision restored
* stage3-ppc-uclibc-2005.0 (recommended for gentoo chroot) or stage3-ppc-uclibc-2006.1 (recommended for gentoo boot). Don't use 2008.0 stage because it is compiled against 2.6 kernel headers.
* portage treetext/html2012-12-28T19:00:32+02:00howto:firefly - old revision restored
You may (or may not) have to add the following settings to your fun_plug. Your milage may vary.
route add -net 22.214.171.124 netmask 240.0.0.0 dev eth0
adds the multicast route.
echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward
enables packet forwardingtext/html2012-10-13T20:29:51+02:00wiki:syntax - old revision restored
DokuWiki supports some simple markup language, which tries to make the datafiles to be as readable as possible. This page contains all possible syntax you may use when editing the pages. Simply have a look at the source of this page by pressing the Edit this page button at the top or bottom of the page. If you want to try something, just use the playground page. The simpler markup is easily accessible via quickbuttons, too.text/html2012-10-13T20:29:19+02:00playground:playground - old revision restored
text/html2012-10-13T20:29:17+02:00howto:ipkg - old revision restored
NSLU2-Linux has DSM-G600 revB compatible feed in here:
All files are compiled against uClibc 0.9.27 so this means that some slight incompatibility may happen.text/html2012-10-13T20:27:56+02:00howto:loader_o - old revision restored
loader.o allow you to run a custom kernel, without the danger of having to reprogram your Flash ROM. It loads a new kernel into memory and jumps to it directly.
* Get loader.o original source and optionally patch for initrd problem.
* Build a toolchain for cross compiling.
* In Makefile point INCLUDE = -isystem parameter to a 2.4.21-pre4 kernel header files!
* Fix gcc and ld entry in Makefile to meet your cross compiled toolchain.
* Apply initrd patch if you like.
…text/html2012-10-12T07:15:04+02:00howto:kernel_build - old revision restored
This procedure was develped under Ubuntu Dapper, but it is believed to work on most Linux distributions.
To build a new kernel, source for the kernel and build tools needs to be obtained. These sources are available from a number of places. The sources for the individual packages are available from <ftp://ftp.dlink.com/GPL/DSM-G600_reB/> . The sources are also available at <http://tsd.dlink.com.tw/GPL.asp> as a single file containing all the released sources, though you need do a little navi…text/html2012-10-11T21:03:35+02:00howto:mldonkey - old revision restored
MLDonkey and custom busybox binary
1) Extract the archive on your pc
2) Create a directory in your DSMG600, rename it in mldonkey then copy in everything you have extracted in the first step
3) If you have telnet or ssh access go to step 4, otherwise enable telnet <http://dsmg600.info/howto:telnet>text/html2012-10-11T20:59:16+02:00howto:chroot_debian - old revision restored
* busybox binary to replace missing tools
* debootstrap-0.3.3.1 uclibc powerpc version
* Copy the bzip and tar utilities to /mnt/HD_a2. E.g., on a linux machine, extract the utilities with tar xjf bzip2-1.0.3.tar.bz2 and tar xjf tar-1.15.92.tar.bz2, and then use ftp to transfer the extracted binaries and set executable permissions on them.
* mkdir /mnt/HD_a2/work && cd /mnt/HD_a2/work
* Copy debootstrap-0.3.3.1_uclibc_powerpc.tar.bz2…text/html2012-10-11T20:41:10+02:00howto:telnet - old revision restored
Busybox with telnetd and sed
Extract busybox-telnetd-1.2.1.tar.bz2 archive to the root of your DSM-G600 hard disk.
If you are going to use FTP or Samba to copy files to DSM-G600 then make sure that your FTP or Samba user has a root access to your hard disk. Also make sure that fun_plug, busybox and sed has an executable flag!text/html2012-10-11T11:30:42+02:00howto:serial_connector - old revision restored
WARNING attaching a serial port will certainly void your warranty and could destroy your unit.
The following information applies to version B1, there is a version B2 which may or may not be the same. J3 is the serial console connection, some units have a Jameco catalog #420355 connector installed some do not, mine did not. The Jameco catalog number for the plug end is #420267. They are .49” headers.text/html2012-10-11T11:06:34+02:00howto:fun_plug - old revision restored
On startup DSM-G600 will run /etc/rc.sh which will mount the various filesystems and initialize the drive.
/usr/sbin/chk_fun_plug will check for file called fun_plug on the disks root and then execute it.text/html2012-01-27T13:34:11+02:00howto:netbsd - update
sandpoint/installation/altboot.img and sandpoint/binary/kernel/netbsd-INSTALL.gz
Time to time there is no sandpoint directory. In this case use google to find some alternative mirrors.
* Flash altboot.img u-boot image as kernel using this guide.
* Setup tftp server to serve netbsd-INSTALL file.
* Enter altboot interactive mode by interrupting altboot.
* Boot installation kernel using tftp:netbsd-INSTALL command.
* Install NetBSD to wd0a …text/html2012-01-16T10:33:25+02:00howto:extract
GNU tar supports the -z and -j flags, which allows extraction of compressed files without a pipeline:
tar -xvzf archivefile.tar.gz
tar -xvjf archivefile.tar.bz2
Inside the DSM-G600 you can't use those flags, so there you must use a pipeline:text/html2012-01-12T13:32:58+02:00software - old revision restored
Here is list the software that is reported working on the DSM, with links to their pages.
* Firefly Media server / mt-daapdtext/html2011-04-05T17:29:25+02:00navigation
* Main Page
* IRC channel
* Recent Changes
* Site map
* How-to fun_plug
* Enable telnet
* Install Firefly
* Setup Lighttpd+php
* Install MLDonkey
* Gentoo chroot
* Debian chroot
* Serial connector
* Custom firmware
* How to recover
* Kernel building
* Uploading a kernel
* Installing root file system to HDD
* loader.o for kexec like operations
* Install NetBSD
* USB soundtext/html2009-02-15T18:52:00+02:00howto:sound - kernel modules added
ehci-hcd.o usb-ohci.o soundcore.o audio.o mpg123 (v1.3.1) aumix
audio.c: v1.0.0:USB Audio Class driver
hub.c: new USB device 00:0e.0-2, assigned address 2
usbaudio: device 2 audiocontrol interface 0 has 1 input and 1 output AudioStreaming interfaces
usbaudio: device 2 interface 2 altsetting 1 channels 1 framesize 2 configured
usbaudio: valid input sample rate 48000
usbaudio: valid input sample rate 44100
usbaudio: device 2 interface 2 altsetting 1: format 0x00000010 sratelo…text/html2009-01-26T15:36:43+02:00start - conceptronic product link fixed
This is a little site about DSM-G600 revB and Conceptronic CH3WNAS which is inexpensive low-end network-attached storage (NAS) and UPnP multimedia server.
To edit this wiki you need to register at our forum, also take a look into syntax info. =)text/html2008-04-03T09:08:43+02:00howto:lighttpd_php - old revision restored
* Lighttpd (recommended), Lighttpd with pcre or Lighttpd with pcre and ssl
* php4 (recommended), php5 or php3 with latest security updates from debian stable
* Make following directory's:
* /mnt/HD_a2/lighttpd/ - directory binary (lighttpd, php and modules) files.
* /mnt/HD_a2/lighttpd/www/ - directory for files you wish to share.text/html2007-11-06T23:14:29+02:00howto:hdd_boot - Typo: replaced Centoo for Gentoo
First I want to let you know that you must have serial port installed to your DSM-G600! Also I want to let you know that getting a regular (Gentoo or Debian) linux work on DSM-G600 can be extremely hard and It is recommended that you have very good knowledge about how Gentoo and Debian really work (boot process, initrd, inittab, services, runlevels).text/html2007-02-20T10:12:07+02:00howto:custom_firmware - created
Using custom firmware will certainly void your DSM-G600 warranty. Use at your own risk.
Before you decide to try out custom firmware, I suggest you to think why you want to do that, because most thing (except domain sockets) is still doable thru fun_plug!text/html2007-02-17T15:48:31+02:00talk:howto:serial_connector - pictures added
For mine I did use ST3232 chip instead of MAX3232. ST manufactured chip should be 100% same with MAX3232, it also needs 4x 0.1 μF capacitors just like MAX3232. Total cost of all needed elements was just €3 and 50 cents :-D
You can get datasheet including schema from here.text/html2007-02-12T18:48:14+02:00howto:kernel_upload - bootm parameters added
WARNING: uploading a kernel via the serial port takes about 20 minutes and uploading a ram disk image can take about 70 minutes, if interrupted will leave your unit inoperable until the procedure is completed correctly. U-boot if used incorrectly can leave your unit completely inoperable, even beyond recovery by this procedure. Since this procedure requires hooking up a serial port, your warranty is already void, but doing anything mentioned here will futher void it. While care has been taken…text/html2007-01-09T20:10:00+02:00howto:recover
Using a serial console
At this very moment the only way to fix bricked DSM-G600 is to use a serial console.
* Install a serial console.
* Now you should see which part of your firmware is failing.
U-Boot 0.2.0 (May 11 2005 - 18:56:16)
CPU: MPC8245 V1.2 at 170.503 MHz:
Board: Sandpoint 8245
DRAM: 32 MB
Hit any key to stop autoboot: 0
## Booting image at fff10000 ...
Image Name: Linux-2.4.21-pre4
Image Type: PowerP…